SDN starter kit based on Ryu controller platform
We are releasing a SDN starter kit software package to promote SDN trial and adoption in smaller proof-of-concept deployments. The applications are built over the Ryu controller platform. The current code base offers simple implementations of the applications / modules like topology visualization, monitoring tap management, server load-balancing. More features will be coming in soon. For support and other questions, visit the SDN starter kit forum.
If you are interested in a trial of a full solution suite that is production ready and based on the modular OpenDaylight platform, please Sign-up.
Installation and Running
- Download VM based on 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04 VM with pre-installed software that will autostart the controller and its web GUI. Login name and password for the VM is “ubuntu”
- Alternatively, you can setup from scratch using these commands:
$ git clone https://github.com/osrg/ryu $ cd ryu/ryu/app $ git clone https://bitbucket.org/sdnhub/ryu-starter-kit sdnhub_apps
- It is recommended to install the following packages if you do not already have it in your Python environment:
$ sudo apt-get install -y libxslt1-dev msgpack-python python-setuptools python-nose python-pip python-dev $ sudo pip install ipaddr networkx bitarray netaddr oslo.config routes webob paramiko mock eventlet xml_compare pyflakes pylint pep8
- You can now run the controller and the applications as follows:
$ cd ~/ryu $ ./ryu/app/sdnhub_apps/run_sdnhub_apps.sh
- Next you can point your switch (physical or virtual) to this SDN controller and all the apps will start working.